A nonsurgical remedy for leg veins that's fast and easy. Laser vein treatments are a welcome solution for women and men with unsightly, unwanted veins. Laser vein treatments diminish the appearance of certain types of veins including spider veins and reticular veins with no incisions, no downtime and minimal discomfort.
Unlike surgery that leaves scars, laser vein removal uses laser light to constrict blood vessels in the legs, causing the veins to visibly disappear. It's a simple, clinically-proven procedure for reducing the appearance of veins with no downtime.
How does it work?
- Laser light targets and constricts the blood vessels without harming surrounding tissue, so there's no extensive recovery.
How quickly will I recover?
- Generally you resume regular daily activities immediately following treatment. It is recommended that you refrain from very hot baths, very hot showers, or engaging in vigorous exercise for two (2) weeks following your laser vein treatment.
Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Laser vein treatment can be performed safely on all skin types.
How long does it take?
- A laser vein treatment session can take less than 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated and the amount of veins needing treatment.
What types of leg veins can be treated?
- Laser leg vein treatment is ideal for spider veins, reticular veins and broken capillaries on the legs.
How many treatments will I need?
- While you may see changes in the appearance of your veins immediately following treatment, several laser vein treatment sessions may be needed to reduce the appearance of the veins completely.
Does it hurt?
- Many people feel there is only a sensation and easily tolerate laser vein removal treatments.
Are there any side effects?
- Occassionally, mild swelling, slight bruising and slight redness at the site of treatment typically resolve in up to 1 month. It is possible that some clotting, lightening or darkening of the skin, crusting, ulcers and scabbing may occur.